These terms and conditions apply to visitors of our site and to orders placed on www.spongeandcream.co.uk
By placing an order with Sponge and Cream, you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions. Every care has been taken to ensure that descriptions, measurements, colours and prices are correct. Please note that there may be some variation in the colour of goods shown on the website due to the limitations of photographic and web processes and we cannot be held responsible for any variations in colour that may arise caused by your browser or computer software. The packaging of products may vary from that shown on images on our site. For returns and delivery information, please see the ‘Delivery and Returns‘ page.
Use of this Website and Copyright
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
This website contains material which is owned by Sponge and Cream. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited in accordance with the copyright notice.
The use of any of the images or designs on this site without prior consent or permission is strictly prohibited. Unauthorised use of this website or the images it contains may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of the operator of this site, are acknowledged on the website.
This website may also include links to other websites. These links are solely provided to give further information, they do not signify that we endorse the websites. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Copyright ©2015 Sponge and Cream – all rights reserved.
SAC Terms and Conditions
1. Full payment is required in advance to confirm your order.
2. All cakes other than those on our menu (including writing on the cake) are priced differently depending on the decorations.
1. All cakes are suitable packaged in boxes and bags for easy handling.
2. We do not offer carrier bags for cakes larger than 10” cakes
Free cake collection by customer:
1. Cake collections: Once the customer has viewed and signed for the cake they are responsible for it once they leave the shop. Sponge and Cream will not be held liable for anything that happens to the cake outside its premises.
2. If the customer does not collect their cake at the agreed time we will keep it for a further 3 days within which time the customer should make arrangements to collect it.
3. Cakes are at their best on the day they are made for collection or delivery. If the customer does not take possession of their cake and we have to keep it for up to 3 days, we will not be held liable for the quality of the cake.
4. We do not offer refunds for cakes that cannot be collected by the customer at the agreed date and time.
Charged cake delivery:
1. Cake delivery: Once the cake is viewed/inspected and signed for at the customers’ venue Sponge and Cream will not be held liable/responsible for any damages which might occur at the customer’s venue.
2. We do not offer re-delivery of cakes. If the customer is not at home at the agreed time the cake will be kept in our shop for a further 3 days within which time the customer should make arrangements to collect it themselves.
3. We do not offer refunds for cakes that we could not deliver due to the customer not being at the delivery address at the agreed time.
1. Complaints: If you (the customer) want to make a complaint we will need to see the whole cake or the part of the cake in question in our shop within 2 days of collecting/receiving your cake.
1. Refunds: We do not offer refunds. If the reason for cancelling an order is valid and genuine we will offer a credit note for the amount paid.
Bespoke cakes made copying pictures:
1. All our bakers and cake decorators are highly experienced and therefore will always devote 100% of their skill into making your cake as close to design as the picture you give us to copy.
2. It is understood by yourself (the customer) that although you provide us with a picture of the way you want your cake designed it is humanly impossible to copy a design to 100% specification as we were not the ones who designed and created the initial cake in the picture you provide us with.
3. All design specifications and alterations (if picture is provided) will be discussed and written on the customer’s order form. It will be assumed that upon signing the order form the customer is 100% satisfied with the design agreed on.
4. If at collection or delivery you (the customer) are not satisfied with the bespoke cake made using the picture you provided for the design we will not be held liable and will not issue any refunds.